Strategic Development Intern
At Anterix (NASDAQ: ATEX), we are focused on delivering transformative broadband that enables the modernization of critical infrastructure for the energy, transportation, logistics and other sectors of our economy. As the largest holder of licensed spectrum in the 900 MHz band, with nationwide coverage throughout the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, we are uniquely positioned to enable the solutions that support secure, resilient and customer-controlled operations. We are led by a team of professionals with significant telecommunications, technology, tower, utility, and investment experience.
Anterix is seeking a strategic development intern. This role will contribute to research and awareness of states' regulatory activity and policy actions where Anterix is pursuing commercial engagements. As well as corporate research to support strategic partnerships. Through this internship, the candidate will develop a greater understanding of electric utility emerging technology and innovation, the utility regulatory process, and exposure to the intersection of telecommunications and the utility industry. This person will also have access to various experts in the fields of telecommunications, utility regulated environments, and business development. This individual would need to be excited about evolving projects and eager to work independently. They would be highly organized, quick to collaborate, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Telecom industry experience is not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, monitor, and summarize state regulatory and policy initiatives, and inform supervisor of deadlines
- Analyze corporate prospects to identify alignment with Anterix’s mission and opportunities for partnerships
- Assist with general organizational activities involving regulatory files, tracking spreadsheets, and other support documents as needed
- Database support management and coordination of promotional material for submission
- Attend industry webinars, identify key information, and write briefs for distribution.
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed, including but some data entry.
Skills and Competencies
- Current or recent MBA graduate student with a concentration in regulatory policy with interest in the energy sector. MBA preferred, but not required
- Possess strong analytic skills with the ability to provide materials that will be shared with senior executives
- Highly organized, with strong attention to details
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player who is proactive and willing to assist in any business development support areas.
- The ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail is essential in this position
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
At Anterix, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. Those who are self-directed learners and have the drive to make a difference are invited to apply.
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.