Anterix & 900 MHz 101
Anterix is focused on modernizing infrastructure and critical communications by enabling private broadband connectivity for electric, gas and water utilities. Anterix provides spectrum to help utilities securely integrate and Anterix is focused on modernizing infrastructure and critical communications by enabling private broadband connectivity for electric, gas and water utilities. Anterix provides spectrum to help utilities securely integrate and manage distributed resources, automate processes, monitor conditions, use artificial intelligence and drive worker productivity to improve service and reduce operational costs. With Anterix’s 900 MHz licensed broadband spectrum, utility customers can deploy robust cybersecure Private LTE (PLTE) Networks they control on a standards-based platform that provides future scalability while offering deep coverage, ample capacity and cost efficiency.
Anterix delivers the foundation for more secure and flexible private networks designed to help support market forces facing the industry. The following highlights how utilities can benefit from adopting PLTE networks using Anterix spectrum:
- Cyber security
- Improved reliability, resiliency and customer satisfaction
- Integration of Distributed Resources
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership
- Robust Device Ecosystem ensures flexibility and future-proof IT/OT investments
- Improved safety of utility personnel
- Smart grid applications & smart meters
- Rural broadband deployment
900 MHz—the Key Ingredient for a Utility’s Private LTE
Only licensed spectrum provides the security and control utilities require to fully modernize their grids. And the Anterix 900 MHz spectrum is ideally suited to support utility Broadband PLTE networks, covering wide areas across broad geographies and topographies. The Anterix spectrum solution is focused on utilities’ needs, ensuring they can build smart grids that work for them and their customers.
900 MHz spectrum makes up the 3GPP-defined LTE Band-8. As part of the global LTE standard, Anterix’s spectrum is also positioned to have a strong and ever-growing ecosystem of infrastructure, devices and solutions, yielding a robust ability to support a utility’s evolving needs while supporting high levels of security, resiliency and reliability.
900 MHz PLTE Features:
- Customized network buildout (including RANs and towers)
- Fully private network, reserved for utility personnel and devices
- Licensed, dedicated spectrum
- Full network control
- End-to-end visibility
- Maximum cybersecurity protections
- Spectrum solutions focused on utilities, not other industries
- Throughput and latency needed for mission-critical applications
- 5G Ready
900 MHz PLTE Benefits
- Critical communications assurance
- Futureproofing for new communications technologies (5G and beyond)
- Lower vulnerabilities to threats & nefarious actors
- Capability to immediately respond to network issues
- Mitigation of cyber and other vulnerabilities
- Increased employee safety
- Dynamic optimization of grid operations and resources
- Reduced operating costs and personnel needs for upkeep/maintenance
- LTE band 8 global device ecosystem
- Improved reliability, security, and efﬁciency of the grid
THE IMPORTANCE FOR ECOSYSTEM MEMBER
Standardization of spectrum and systems provides industry-wide scale for utilities to purchase at lower costs, achieve a faster time to market for hardware and software and the potential for utility industry specialists who understand the spectrum and systems able to quickly assist utility organizations whenever needed. Additionally, standardization enables utilities to better cooperate and offer mutual aid during emergency events.
Anterix Active Ecosystem members are in a prime position to assist in the wireless communications standardization across an entire industry, and then serve that industry far into the future.
Anterix is architecting a new foundation that enables the modernization of critical infrastructure for energy, transportation, logistics and others. Help us spread the word.