Strategy & Government Affairs
VP of Government & Industry Affairs
Anterix (NASDAQ: ATEX) is focused on empowering the modernization of critical infrastructure and enterprise businesses by enabling private broadband connectivity. Our foundational spectrum provides the ability to increase resiliency and transform our customers operations to meet new business complexities while achieving higher levels of reliability, resiliency performance and security. Anterix is the largest holder of licensed spectrum in the 900 MHz band, with nationwide coverage throughout the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. Anterix is currently pursuing a regulatory proceeding at the Federal Communications Commission that seeks to modernize and realign the 900 MHz band to increase its usability and capacity by allowing it to be utilized for the deployment of private broadband networks, technologies and solutions. Our chairman and our CEO co-founded Nextel Communications and have over 60 years of combined experience in telecom operations and innovative spectrum initiatives. Anterix is headquartered in Woodland Park, NJ.
Anterix is seeking an innovative, influential visionary for the Vice President of Government & Industry Affairs. This role is responsible for leading and overseeing all legislative and regulatory matters impacting the enterprise at all levels of government. This role is expressly responsible for developing and driving the strategy for Anterix’s federal, state, and local, legislative and regulatory advocacy and policy agenda efforts in Washington, D.C., and in other jurisdictions where these efforts are needed to actively support the Company’s primary strategic objectives. This will inherently include both telecommunications and energy industry advocacy, including the FCC, FERC, DoE, NARUC, and Congress, among others, to help achieve the Company’s objectives of providing private broadband LTE networks in the furtherance of modernizing the nation’s power grid and other critical infrastructure.
As part of the development and execution of a comprehensive government affairs strategy, this individual will lead the Anterix team through the process of:
- The completion and implementation efforts to secure the FCC’s approval to repurpose the 900 MHz spectrum and broadband applications.
- Securing broadband licenses across the country, educate regulators (both in the utility and wireless sectors) regarding the benefits of 900 MHz Private LTE, develop programs to secure policymaker support for Anterix’s efforts, and clear the path to growth from a regulatory and legislative perspective.
- This individual will play a major role in developing the Company’s long-term regulatory strategy and therefore, will ensure that regulatory and legislative considerations are incorporated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop/Refine and implement the overall regulatory and legislative strategy at the federal, state and local levels to fulfill the Company’s short- and long-term objectives and to proactively address challenges as they arise.
- Represent Anterix at an executive level to industry trade organizations.
- Lead actions necessary to drive the completion of the issuance of a favorable Report and Order and the subsequent licensing process by the FCC within timeframes established by the Company’s senior leadership.
- Lead a high performing and highly engaged team of employees and consultants in developing complex policy agendas designed to influence federal and state regulatory and legislative decision makers and industry associations.
- Lead all engagement efforts with regulatory agencies and industry alliances.
- Advise the Company on all regulatory matters impacting the enterprise.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of transparency and problem-solving that encourages team-based solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and regulatory officials at the FCC, FERC, DoE, NARUC, and other agencies as well as core industry trade associations such as EEI.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of the telecom industry and telecom infrastructure policy, regulations and legislation. Experience with wireless spectrum regulations a plus.
- A deep understanding of the utility industry and its regulatory bodies and industry associations, including knowledge of utility rate cases, roles of utility alliances, and key decision points and governmental agencies that influence Unites States’ energy policy and state regulation.
- An understanding of agency, Congressional, and Cabinet policy-making processes, including an understanding of the roles and decision points in key federal agencies, the White House, think tanks and associations, that impact the Company.
- Relationships with Congressional Members and/or access to senior personnel of the FCC and other key relevant governmental agencies is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and relentless focus on results to achieve internal goals and surpass external goals
- Proven leadership of a high performing team of professionals in a fast-paced, changing environment, with clear priorities
- Ability to plan and execute a comprehensive proactive federal, state, and local government and industry affairs strategy that advances the Company's plan
- Proven decision-making skills and the ability to assemble many pieces of information into a cohesive and sophisticated understanding of complex issues.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as a government relations or lobbying executive, Congressional staffer, or as a senior level public servant in a relevant government department, industry association, or agency.
- Law Degree or master’s degree in Public Policy, Government Affairs, Business Administration or equivalent experience
At Anterix, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. Those who, are self-directed learners and have the drive to make a difference are invited to apply.
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.