Vice President, Marketing
At Anterix (NASDAQ: ATEX), we are focused on delivering transformative broadband that enables the modernization of critical infrastructure for the energy, transportation, logistics and other sectors of our economy. As the largest holder of licensed spectrum in the 900 MHz band, with nationwide coverage throughout the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, we are uniquely positioned to enable the solutions that support secure, resilient and customer-controlled operations. We are led by a team of professionals with significant telecommunications, technology, tower, utility, and investment experience. Anterix is headquartered in Woodland Park, NJ.
Anterix is looking for an experienced, driven, and creative Vice President (VP) of Corporate Marketing to lead and oversee our Marketing team. You will design, implement and monitor effective Business to Business marketing strategies that align with our company goals.
Our ideal candidate has a solid Marketing background and extensive experience in corporate, digital and event marketing to large Fortune 500 companies and targeted industries. They should have a solid understanding and preferably experience in mission critical industries (energy, transportation, logistics), specifically past experience in marketing to utilities. Our candidate should be passionate about digital technology and how it is transforming these traditional industries. This role will brand and market Anterix as a transformational agent with its foundational spectrum and private broadband offerings across a varied set of industry and governmental stakeholders within targeted segments.
This person should have played a critical role in shaping targeted messaging and a new, expanding brand. Experience in developing and managing a variety of simultaneous promotional projects end-to-end, paid advertising campaigns, collateral and content development, promotional videos and digital marketing techniques is necessary. Our VP of Marketing will report directly to the COO and will lead, develop, and mentor internal Marketing teams and oversee external resources. To be successful in this role, you should be a highly self-driven professional, very organized and think strategically while giving appropriate focus to details. You should be a great collaborator that excels in a fast pace, growth environment. This individual will play a significant role in shaping the company’s customer facing strategy and winning over government agencies.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure that the Marketing department’s activities contribute to our company’s near and long-term success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Listen” to the trends of our targeted customers and direct the market research efforts and deliverables to speak to those trends to ensure Anterix stays relevant in the market.
- Define and execute marketing messages and strategies to support the company’s overall plans and objectives in support of customer sales, regulatory (federal and state), partners, product launch and industry events
- Set current and long-term goals for internal teams
- Establish and oversee the Marketing department’s budget
- Develop an ambitious but feasible marketing plan for the department and oversee its day-to-day implementation
- Drive execution of the marketing plan and organize marketing cross functional and operational needs (product management, Engineering and Technology, Sales, BD, PR, etc.) and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Work closely with the sales department to align and support sales and marketing strategies to include developing high impact, creative marketing campaigns that strengthen market positioning, accelerate demand generation and deliver impactful customer experience
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Plan, develop and execute Anterix participation and associated budgets for Industry events
- Analyze and prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events
- Direct and support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports
- Expand Anterix brand awareness and shape its market perception
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counterstrategies
- Build long term relationships with employees, clients, government officials and stakeholders
- Support internal and external presentations for the Board of Directors, Townhall meetings, customer meetings and governmental or agency meetings.
- Support internal requests and branded items for employees as needed.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Senior Marketing Director or another senior role
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, multi-channel marketing campaigns, demand generation, field marketing, advertising, corporate marketing, product promotions, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in b2b marketing and account-based marketing
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Proficient in MS Office and business software (e.g. Dynamics 365 or CRM)
- Inspirational marketing leader who excels at developing talent
- Strong leadership skills, a dynamic leader with both creative and analytical capabilities
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Excellent team player and collaborator across all functions and at all levels
- BS/BA in business administration, marketing, communications, or relevant field; Masters will be a plus
- 10+ years of experience
At Anterix, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. Those who are self-directed learners and have the drive to make a difference are invited to apply.
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.